People have all kinds of wild and crazy New Year’s Resolutions. But wild, crazy, spot-on serious, mildly serious, and so on, most such resolutions not only aren’t fulfilled but most, it seems, are soon forgotten.
And then there are those designed simply to evoke a laugh as in this abbreviated collection from Hubpages.com:
- Stop licking frozen flag poles.
- Only eat white snow.
- Keep it to myself that I have trouble with authority when being interviewed.
- Only get divorced and remarried once this year.
- Stop buying worthless junk on Ebay, because QVC has better specials.
- Start using Facebook for something other than Farmville and stupid quizzes.
- Switch my username to “password” and my password to “username” to make each a lot harder for hackers to figure out.
- Stop buttering my doughnuts.
- Eat more fruit… snacks.
- Pay off my credit cards every month in full… with my other credit cards.
Funny stuff. And now for something completely serious from your friends at Optimum Air. For 2015 and beyond, we invite you to resolve to live with cleaner indoor air. Because if you do, every member of your family will feel better, you’ll be prone to fewer colds and flus, and less likely to experience symptoms from allergies and asthma. And best of all, this is one resolution you can succeed at – or, at the very least, make some very good progress – entirely on your own.
Here are some steps you can start taking immediately that really work:
- Wash your bed covers, and not just your sheets, more often to keep the dust population under control.
- Cover your mattress and box spring with plastic for even greater dust control and protection against dust allergies.
- Populate your home with house plants known for their ability to collect and eat bacteria from the air. Such plants include Boston Ferns, Peace Lilies, Dracaenas, Bamboo Palms, Golden Pothos, and numerous other varieties.
- Have family members and guests take off and leave their shoes at the door, as the soles of your shoes are carriers of all kinds of indoor air pollutants, including pesticides, pollen, and industrial waste.
- Switch to a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter, one that traps indoor air pollutants – including dust and dirt – and prevents them blowing back inside your home.
- Don’t allow anybody – ANYBODY! – to smoke inside your home.
- Switch from chemical to all-natural household cleaning products.
And while that may sound like a whole bunch of New Year’s Resolutions, it’s still just one in several parts: “Clean up my indoor air for the sake of everyone concerned.”
Here’s one more way to accomplish the same goal, but this time on a bigger scale: with a whole-house air purifier from Optimum Air. It’s installed right inside your ductwork so that when your heating or cooling system fan is engaged, the air purifier’s filter traps more than 99% of the pollutants attempting to pass through it.
Imagine that: cleaner indoor air, all year long. Now that’s one resolution not only with making, but adhering to.