After a particularly gold and gloomy winter, ‘tis finally the season for bike rides and t-ball. For gardening and back-yard gatherings. For simply enjoying the longer days, milder evenings, and all that spring has to offer.
For many, spring is also the time to search for a new home. So if you’re thinking of taking advantage of one of the hottest seasons in real estate, use this brief checklist to ensure that your home stands out from the sea of for sale signs that will soon start flooding neighborhood lawns.
- De-clutter, removing all unnecessary items from closets, cabinets, and counters.
- Pack up about 50% of your closets so buyers don’t think your home is tight on space.
- Remove personal items such as pictures and family heirlooms.
- Wash all windows and polish mirrors.
- Wash or dry clean drapes and dust or wash blinds.
- Thoroughly clean tile grout and replace dingy caulk around bathtubs and showers.
- Repair or replace leaky water fixtures.
- Freshen up your living space with new coat of paint.
- Wipe down kitchen and bathroom cabinets and give them a new look with updated hardware.
- Put away the heavy winter throws, pillows, and bedding and replace with spring-inspired linens and accessories.
- Spruce up your landscaping with colorful plants and flowers, trimmed trees and bushes, and a manicured lawn.
- Power-wash the exterior of your home, including the patio or deck.
Of course, just when you think your home is ready to pass the test of even the most demanding potential buyer, it will be time to have it inspected. To make sure your home passes that inspection with flying colors, contact Optimum Air Company today to have your heating and cooling systems professionally cleaned and inspected. Better to find out now if any light repair work is needed so you can get the work done on your own terms, and by someone you know and trust. Optimum Air: ready to help make selling your home a cool breeze.