If you subscribe to the belief that there’s a season and reason for everything, then here’s another perfect example: while there’s almost no bad time for air conditioning preventative maintenance, spring is the best time. By far!
What makes that so? Several good and practical reasons:
- Heating and cooling companies have their busy and slow seasons, just like most other types of businesses. One of our slow times happens to be during the transition from winter to spring. Not a lot of calls for new furnaces, no much need for central air just yet, so we have some time on our hands. Compare that to when the thermostat hits 90 and above every day when we’re busy as can be. What does that mean to you? It means it will be much easier to schedule preventative maintenance during the early spring months and get the prompt attention we know you expect.
- If you wait until it heats up before requesting service, and you’re home while we perform it, then you’re going to be without conditioned air a little while. Not a huge factor, but why put yourself out at all when no such disruption of service is likely in early spring.
- The two key elements of AC preventative maintenance are system cleaning and inspection. When we clean or replace your filter and, if need be, remove any build-up of mold and mildew, we’re also cleaning your indoor air. Otherwise, once you start using your AC system, the mold, mildew, and pollutants clinging to your filter will be blown through your air ducts and into your lungs, and who needs that!
- Preventative maintenance is, by definition, partly about preventing repair issues from turning into repair problems. But since mechanical systems don’t last forever, sooner or later your AC system will require repair work. If that time is now, isn’t it better to get it out of the way before you start depending on cool conditioned air, day and night?
- Preventative maintenance also helps reduce your electricity costs. So, the earlier you get it done, the more you save.
Remember: if you want your system to last as long as possible and run at maximum efficiency for as long as you own it, annual preventative maintenance is a must. So, get a head start on summer and contact Optimum Air now to schedule service.