No? Well, chances are, you probably never well, either. That’s because when it comes to the list of “Things I Can’t Wait to Buy,” furnaces are pretty much nowhere to be found. And because we don’t LIKE to buy them, many of us will look the other way at obvious warning signs that a furnace needs to be repaired or replaced.
But you know what? Looking the other way almost always ends up costing you more money than looking the problem squarely in the eye and getting a professional assessment of what’s going on, and what needs to be done.
That’s why Optimum air encourages you to pick up the phone and call us if or when you notice any of these common furnace warning signs:
- Skyrocketing electricity bills – Modest increases are to be expected, but when it’s costing you 30% or more to heat your home from one year to the next, you can bet your furnace needs tending to.
- Yellow pilot light – Yellow not only indicates a less than ideal blend of gases; it also could indicate the presence of highly toxic carbon monoxide gas. So unless your pilot light is blue, take immediate action.
- No “get up and go” – When your furnace as trouble starting up and staying on, it’s time to have a look at the wiring, thermostat, pilot light – your fan motor might even need to be repaired or replaced.
- More frequent repairs – Your furnace was built to last 10 to 20 years, with most lasting toward the upper end of that range. So if you have an older furnace, repairs are not only more common, but eventually to be expected. Still, if it’s been less than two years since your last repair and now you’re facing another major problem, it might make more sense to replace it.
- Hot here, cold there – The older a furnace gets, the more likely you are to have hot and cold spots around your house caused by any number of things, including drafty doors and windows, leaky ductwork, one or more of your thermostats not working properly, and so on. Ideally, you should consistently warm temperatures throughout your home.
At Optimum Air in Arlington, we have only one objective: helping to keep your family comfortable and a little safer all year long. Which means, for example, if we believe your best bet is to repair your furnace, we’ll tell you that, why we think so, and then fully explain what needs to be done with a guaranteed upfront price. Whatever needs to be done, you can count on Optimum Air for high quality work with your 100% satisfaction guaranteed.